Yale Press has published “The Illusions of Entrepreneurship” by Scott Shane and published a great quiz related to the book. I took the quiz and got 40%. Some very interesting stats from the quiz.
Among the ones I missed:
* What percentage of five-year-old businesses in the United States is home-based?
* What percentage of the U.S. labor force works in companies that are less than two years old?
* What percentage of the financing of new businesses less than two years old takes the form of debt?
* How much more likely are men than women to start businesses?
* What was the ratio of White to Black self-employment in 1910 and 1990?
* What percentage of start-up efforts each year have at least one employee ten years later?
* What is the most common reason why people start new businesses?